I am happy to announce that the video footage for my caching talk at InfoShare has finally been released. If you can spare 30 minutes and want to learn about caching, have a look.
InfoShare is a really cool tech conference I attended earlier this year. It’s hosted in Gdansk (Poland) and it’s the biggest tech conference in Central and Eastern Europe. The event attracts around 5000 people and is a very vibrant conference.
I was fortunate enough the be invited as a speaker and it was quite honestly a great experience. I already wrote about it in my trip report.
I’m really happy with how this played out:
- The audience was great and there were more than 1000 people in the room
- The tech setup was great
- The stage and the room were great
- The hospitality was great
Maybe I should tell you a bit more about the presentation itself. It was called “C.R.E.A.M.”, which stands for “Cache Rules Everything Around Me”. It’s actually a pun and refers to a Wu-Tang Clan song “Cash Rules Everything Around me”. See what I did there.
The InfoShare organizers asked me to do this presentation twice:
- The first time as a 30 minute session on the main stage
- The second time as an in-depth 90 minute workshop on the Tech Plus stage.
This video is the short version which I cleverly named “A touch of C.R.E.A.M.”. I briefly cover the theory of caching and why it is so important in this day and age.
Then I cover a couple of tools I use for caching:
- ElasticSearch (I know, it’s not really a cache, but you can use it as a cache)
Here are the slides: