I’ve started a good habit of releasing new episodes of my podcast and video blog on a weekly basis. Let’s continue to do that! This week’s episode features Adam Culp from Zend. Adam is a community animal. Here are some of the things he’s involved with:
- Adam organizes ZendCon, one of the biggest PHP events in the US.
- He also organizes SunshinePHP, one of the most community friendly PHP conferences in the US.
- Adam runs the South Florida PHP user group where he helps the local community expand
- He is a voting member of the PHP-Fig.
- He contributes to Zend Framework and he’s on the Zend Framework certification advisory board
Besides the PHP stuff, Adam is also a passionate ultra runner. That means: running more than a marathon. He has a running blog called Crazy Floridian and he even has a podcast called Run Geek Radio where he talks about PHP and running.
In the interview we talk about nearly all of the above. We focus primarily on ZendCon and SunshinePHP. Not only do we talk about both events individually, but also about the difference between the events. ZendCon being a bit more commercial and SunshinePHP being 100% community driven. Both have their place and relevance of course.
The video was recorded at The Joint, the main concert venue of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. We were up in the green room where the artists usually hang out and the setting is pretty Rock ‘n Roll!
If you’re not interested in watching 2 dudes sit in a lounge, you can also listen to the audio. It’s ideal when you’re driving, sitting on the train or working out.
If you want to stay updated on future episodes, I suggest you subscribe to my channels. For the audio, please subscribe to my SoundCloud channel: https://soundcloud.com/thijsferyn and for Youtube you can subscribe on http://youtube.com/thijsferyn.
You can also follow me on Twitter at @ThijsFeryn.