Hi, I'm Thijs
My mission is to bridge the gap between code and infrastructure.
I started out as a support engineer and web developer, and used these skill to eventually become an evangelist. I have 14 of experience in the hosting industry. Solving problems with code when I can, and with infrastucture when I need to. Basically, figuring out the ideal way to keep "the stack" as stable as possible.
Although I'm tremendously passionate about technology, my most powerful tool is communication.
I love languages, and I love using these languages in conversations. I speak Dutch, English, French, and a bit of German.
- Containerzation: Docker, Kubernetes
- Automation: Ansible, Packer, Terraform, Vagrant, Heat, Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation
- Databases: MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis
- Cloud platforms: AWS, OpenStack
- HTTP servers: Varnish, Nginx, HAProxy
- Delivered 195 presentations
- Spoke in 15 countries
- I primarily speak at open source conferences
- I also like speaking at small meetups
- I occasionally speak at corporate events
- Audiences range from 10 to 1.000 attendees
- I can do in-depth technical talks, entertaining presentations of any kind, and inspiring keynotes
I blog about technology, and my experiences on the road a speaker. Most of my technical blog posts are about the technology I use on a day-to-day basis: Varnish, PHP, ElasticSearch, MySQL, Ansible, Packer, Terraform, Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes.
I use the power of video to add a visual element to my blog posts, but also to share my experiences as a technical evangelist.
My vlogs contain tech tutorials, trip reports, interviews, and day-to-day experiences. I also vlog about football at FCB Support, a Club Brugge fan channel.